Wondering how to keep your motorhome organised? Decluttering your motorhome can be key to creating that little bit of extra room for you and your family. So whether you are going on a road trip or just wish for a change in scenery, these quick storage tips are guaranteed to improve your motorhome experience and keep your precious motor tidy throughout the winter season.
Space-saving motorhome storage ideas for the kitchens are
Let’s start with kitchens, the kitchen provides a multitude of opportunities to save space. There are many amazing storage products specially designed for motorhomes to maximise room.
- Use drawer separators, they’ll be a massive help in avoiding mixing up all your cutlery. As a plus, nesting bowls can fit double, if not more, the amount of the bowls in the space you would only be able to fit a few. Along with this, foldable, rollable or collapsible kitchenware can be a space saving alternative, providing you with that little bit of extra storage space. Collapsible kettles, pots, pans and foldable drying racks are also available and a great way to have everything you need in the kitchen yet save space. Whilst non-slip matting can be essential in keeping your items in place and will prevent rattling whilst you’re driving.
- If you want to take complete advantage of your cupboard space, consider installing under-cupboard shelves. They are usually made of plastic and you can add them under a cupboard, sink, or fridge or any other spots where you can find unused space. Don’t forget about the undersides of your hanging cupboards too! With plastic hooks, even this space can be taken advantage of to hang your kitchen utensils (mugs or pans).
When it comes to organising your motorhome kitchen space, you should only really take the items you know you’ll need. There’s little point in bringing something just for it to take up space! There’s no shame in being prepared, but being overly prepared certainly won’t help you or your motorhome in the long run. Plus, having these space saving items could mean that when your motorhome is in a motorhome storage facility in Dorset, everything is kept neat and tidy, ready for you to go out on another adventure when you are ready.
On the other hand, it’s equally important to also be careful with organiser products and storage containers. Many people can get carried away with their newfound ability to store all sorts of things in their motorhome, under the illusion of an organised space. If you throw everything in a drawer without separating or categorising it, you won’t even know where to look for it!
Space-saving motorhome storage ideas for wardrobes
Finding space for clothes in a cramped wardrobe can be an overwhelming task, but that’s what we are here for. Here’s how to get the most out of your motorhome wardrobe this winter.
- Install storage units on the backs of any doors, they’ll come in handy, especially if you lack the space for a shelf. And if you do have room for shelves, perhaps consider hanging organisers with built-in drawers; a great alternative to shelves. Additionally, space saving hangers can be an affordable lifesaver in maximising storage space, serving to fit more clothes inside a wardrobe without creasing and rolling them all up.
- Keeping your shoes in one place will also help you save space; a plastic container under your bed or your seating area should suffice, unless you have a shoe organiser inside your wardrobe or cupboard door. This storage space isn’t just great for shoes, as you don’t have to put shoes in it, it also works as a great storage space for gloves, hats, socks, underwear, scarves and any other foldable clothes. Plastic shoe boxes and containers are easy to clean, keeping that pesky mud at bay, whilst fitting almost anywhere.
These are just some of the ideas that you can use to take full advantage of your wardrobe space and organise all your clothes. As with our tips on the kitchen, it is crucially important to only take the clothes you’re certain you’ll wear to ensure you won’t dump your storage and floor space full with unnecessary items. Keeping your motorhome neat and organised when in motorhome storage in Dorset means that it is always ready for your next adventure.
Space saving motorhome storage ideas for bathrooms
Whether you are in a campervan or coach-built motorhome, chances are your bathroom is quite compact, so it’s extra important to use all the space you can in such an enclosed space. From the back of the door to the shower space itself, here are some ingenious solutions for your motorhome storage space dilemma.
- Self-adhesive hooks and folders are simple to install and help in fully utilising your wall space, you don’t really even need tools or expert handyman skills to attach them to the wall! Choosing ‘damage free’ types can prevent damage to the plastic coated boards used in motorhomes.
- Wall-mounted holders and baskets are a great form of space saving, making the most of your otherwise unused motorhome wall space. Whilst drawer separators help keep your items apart, even if you decide to store a plethora of different accessories in your drawers, you’ll still be able to easily locate them.
However, you might find that self-adhesive hooks and folders may not be durable enough. Sometimes, low-quality adhesive tape or glue loses its properties due to temperature and humidity, so it may be better to spend more in the short run to spend less in the long run.
Furthermore, putting more on the walls of your motorhome bathroom may risk limiting your mobility. Your already cramped and small bathroom space can get too cluttered so using it may be understandably very uncomfortable, so consider how much space you are saving versus how much space you are losing. It’s important to be conscious of how much weight you are putting on the walls too, heavier items can potentially cause damage to walls and fixtures. When putting your motorhome in storage in Dorset, it can be a lot of work to tidy and empty your bathroom. So save time and invest in these space saving products.
Where to store your motorhome and belongings
At Hogleaze Storage, we make caravan and motorhome storage affordable and simple. Whilst you’re not using your motorhome this winter, why not put it in our Dorset motorhome storage facility? If you are interested, give us a call at 01305 889777 or complete this form on our contact us page.