Starting university can be difficult at any time – meeting new friends, getting to grips with new courses and moving away from home. The stress of starting university has been heightened over the past year due to the pandemic, which has brought additional challenges and disruption for students up and down the country. This has, in some cases, meant more upheaval than expected.
One of the biggest issues that students face is what to do with their belongings when moving to and from university, whether that’s between student house moves or during the long holidays. University is meant to be fun and exciting so this is let us help you organise student storage to alleviate any unnecessary stress!
Reasons To Use Student Storage
- Travel lighter – Put your items into student storage before you travel home for the holidays so you don’t need to transport all your belongings back and forth. No one needs to cart a toaster up and down the country!
- Save time – You won’t have to pack and unpack multiple times. Renting a student storage unit means that you’ll only have to pack and unpack once.
- Repurpose a bedroom – Once you have left home for university, it may be that your old bedroom could be repurposed and therefore will require your belongings to be stored with a student storage company.
- Store bulky belongings – Your student room is likely to be smaller than you imagined so you may not have space for any large items you want to have nearby such as sports equipment or extra clothes.
- Easy access – If you choose a student storage company in a location that is handy for you, you will be able to access your belongings as and when you need them. Whether this is near your university, or close to your home.
- Peace of mind your belongings are safe – Instead of leaving your student accommodation with everything in it over the holidays or while you’re on a placement or travelling, you’ll have more peace of mind leaving your belongings in a secure student storage unit, knowing that your belongings will be in the same condition as you left them in.
How Does Student Storage Work?
Step 1: Find the right student storage company
Once you have worked out what you won’t need day to day whilst at university or what you’ll need to store when you’re away from your student accommodation, start looking for a student storage company that is conveniently located as well as being accredited and reputable. You may also want to consider things like “when can I access my belongings?”, “will they be safe and secure?” and “what will it cost?”.
For the answers to all these questions, please read our storage FAQs!
Step 2: Pack your items
Now that you’ve found the right self storage facility, package up your items as safely as you can. At Hogleaze Storage, we can assist with this by providing all the necessary boxes and packaging materials you may need.
Step 3: Deliver your belongings
There is a range of ways to access our facilities such as by car or by organising a van and man service (which we can help with!).
Why Choose Hogleaze Student Storage?
At Hogleaze Storage, we understand the nature of student storage so we have ensured that we are as accommodating as possible. We are committed to providing our customers with the very best storage solution and service, which is why we have gained some fantastic reviews to date!
Have a look at some of the very reasons we believe people choose Hogleaze for their student storage needs.
- Flexible contracts – Long and short term storage contracts available with the option to extend at any time.
- No deposit required – So you can start storing straight away.
- Safe & secure units – Alarmed sites with CCTV for maximum security.
- Key fob for entry access – Come and go as you please.
- Storage boxes & packing materials – Our onsite shops can provide everything you need for your storage space.
- Great location –With easily accessible roads, we are close to many local colleges, universities and schools including:
- Bournemouth University
- Bournemouth and Poole College
- Weymouth College
- Kingston Maurward College
- Yeovil College
- Also any local boarding schools
- Range of unit sizes available – You can change the size of the unit if your requirements change.
- Affordable storage rates – With units starting from just £33.00 + VAT.
Contact Us Today!
Hogleaze Storage are a proud member of the Self Storage Association UK (SSA UK), providing you with safe, flexible and affordable self storage and student storage solutions.
Sound good? Call our Dorchester office on 01305 889777, Weymouth on 01305 830000, or complete our website form for a FREE, no-obligation quote.