Moving house is an exciting time, but it can also be rather stressful – It’s even frequently cited as one of life’s most stressful events! At Hogleaze Storage, we aim to take some of that stress away with our complete removals and storage solution.
Read on to discover our ‘top tips’ to help you plan your house move, as well as what the team at Hogleaze Storage can offer you.
Top tips for moving house
Having a ‘plan of action’ to the packing and moving process can really help make sure that you’ve got everything covered. We have years of experience of helping our customers move house so we thought we’d share some of tips we’ve learned over the years:
- Have a big clear out! – It sounds pretty obvious but you don’t want to pay to move and store items that you don’t need anymore. Take this opportunity to go through your belongings and create ‘bin, donate and keep’ piles.
- Start packing early – Being organised during a house move will make the process much easier. Packing away things that you don’t use daily e.g. Christmas decorations, seasonal clothes, keepsakes, etc can get you ahead of the game.
- Arrange a storage solution if needed – Introduce the idea of hiring a storage unit to help keep your items safe before, during and after the move. You may not be able to move directly from one property to another, so the need for temporary or long term storage might be essential- the team at Hogleaze Storage can help organise this for you.
- Book professional movers – Once you’ve decluttered and you know what you’re taking, the next step is to organise your removals company, to help you transport your items for when the big day comes.
- Have a plan for moving day – Don’t go putting all your effort into the pre-moving prep and end up unprepared on the day! Pack some snacks and drinks, have a plan for children and pets, leave time to clean, ensure you’ll have access to essential items (eg. chargers, medicines, money) and make sure you’ve got all your documents and keys in order.
Our ‘all-in-one removals and storage’ solution
At Hogleaze Storage we understand that moving house is a challenging time, but we provide a full service that should make the process a little easier.
Our standard removals and storage solution is available to all DT postcodes, covering local towns and villages such as Dorchester, Weymouth, Bridport, Abbotsbury and Puddletown (along with many more).
How does it work?
- Step 1: We provide the packing materials including boxes, bubble wrap, tape and labels
- Step 2: Then one of the team will move your belongings into one of our safe & secure units
- Step 3: And, when you’re ready, we’ll deliver your stored items to your new address
Hogleaze Storage has partnered with a local removals company to provide Hogleaze customers with a removal, packing and storage solution as a one-stop-shop service. We’ll even sort out the insurance for extra peace of mind.
How much does it cost?
With prices starting from just £395 (subject to terms & conditions), you can rest assured that all your removal and storage needs will be met in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Why choose our all-in-one solution
This is the perfect solution for if you want to decorate or renovate your new home without having all your belongings and furniture there. It also gives you the flexibility to move into your new home in stages, as you’ll be able to adjust your storage contract accordingly.
You could also benefit from;
- Less pressure on your moving day
- Storing some belongings when your house is on the market could help attract buyers who appreciate a more simple, decluttered way of living
- The option of a full packing service if you’re pushed for time
- Dealing with one provider who will coordinate the move and storage for you
Check out our FAQs section for more information.
Hogleaze Storage is a trusted and certified local removals and storage company with years of experience in the industry.
“We were so pleased with the service we received during our recent house move, the facilities are amazing and so clean. We loved that we could access our belongings whenever we wanted.”
K Hester – Customer of Hogleaze Storage
Contact us now for more information
With storage locations just off the A35 close to Dorchester, and on the Granby Industrial Estate in Weymouth, Hogleaze Storage offers unrivalled facilities such as differently sized units, easy 24/7 access and high-security features, as well as excellent customer service.
To discuss our removals and storage service, please call our Weymouth storage site on 01305 830000, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For our Dorchester storage site, please call us on 01305 889777 or email email@example.com.
Alternatively, visit our contact page and fill in the form and one of our team will be in touch.