The need for business self storage is becoming more prevalent due to more people working from home, redecorating, changing location or downsizing the office space. For many businesses, it has been proven to be more cost-effective to rent a smaller office or work from home and pay to store excess documents, stock or large equipment and furniture.
Moving offices can be a particularly stressful time with the upheaval for staff, possible downtime and the logistics of moving everything from one place to another. You may also be moving to smaller premises and you’re not sure how everything will fit!
Using a storage facility during an office move ensures that your goods are in safe hands and by keeping them out of the way, it lessens the risk of damage. Read on for all the ways that a business storage unit from Hogleaze Storage can help.
Planning & budgeting for your office move
Office relocations can start out exciting but the panic can soon set in when you have to plan the move and the logistical challenges this can cause. Having a central list of what needs to be done can provide some structure to the move.
Here are some tips and things to consider:
- Set a timeframe and move date.
- Ensure your employees are aware of what the plan is and consider offering them a visit to the new premises so they know what to expect.
- Establish your budget and sign off-procedure for expenditure.
- Sort out the utilities for the new office and plan on cancelling them for the old premises.
- Make a list of what furniture and equipment you will need / not need at the new office.
- Organise key documents and label all your boxes.
- Book your packing / removal company and storage facility.
- Sort out what will happen on move day and who are the team of helpers.
- Decide who will be responsible for setting up the new office, furniture, IT equipment etc.
- Have a plan B in case the move doesn’t go quite as expected!
What is the best size storage space to go for?
This will depend on what you want to store. At Hogleaze Storage, we can help advise you with this as we have years of experience with business self storage.
If you end up needing a bigger or smaller space than you’ve booked, we would be happy to accommodate and move you to a more appropriately sized unit.
At Hogleaze Storage we offer various sizes of business self storage units ranging:
- From 25 square ft floor area (225 cu.ft.)
- Up to 190 square ft floor area (1520 cu.ft.)
What can you store in your business storage unit?
If you’re a business doing an office relocation, you’re likely to need a space to store general items including office furniture, IT equipment, documents, kitchen items etc.
There are many uses for the business storage facilities we offer that suit numerous types of businesses including:
- Retailers – Store excess stock or use it as a base for shipping your items.
- Tradesmen – Store large tools and machinery that you don’t use on a day to day basis.
- Hospitality / event businesses – Store tables, chairs, linen etc used for large functions.
- Removal firms – Utilise the facilities for temporary storage for moves that can’t be completed in a single day.
- Sports club organisers – Rent a storage unit in a central location to store your sports equipment.
- Document storage & archiving – Keep all important documents safe, secure and out of the way. Are you aware HMRC makes it a legal requirement for UK companies to keep their financial records for at least six years?
Along with all the above uses, it’s said that having a clutter-free workplace provides a happier and more productive space for employees, as well as creating a nicer impression for visitors to your premises.
Tips on packing and organising your storage space
You want things to be as easy as possible once you move into your new office, so ensuring you have stored the items in an organised manner is key. At Hogleaze Storage, we can provide you with all of the boxes, tapes and bubble wrap to help you pack things safely and in a logical way.
It’s important to label any boxes for easy access as it will help to identify the items you may need to access while it’s in storage. It’s a good idea to create a master contents list, and plan an organised layout for your storage unit. We’re also able to provide shelving to stack boxes if you require it.
Packing & removal service
Did you know that Hogleaze Storage provides an all-one removals and storage solution?
It can be a stressful time for even the most organised person, but by choosing an all-in-one service we can take everything out of your hands and provide a fully managed removals and storage solution in just a few quick steps.
At Hogleaze Storage, we can provide the packing materials, sort your insurance and move your belongings into one of our safe and secure business storage units. When you’re ready, we’ll deliver your stored items to your new address.
With prices starting from just £395 (subject to T&Cs), you can rest assured that all your removal and storage needs will be met in a timely and cost-effective manner.
What to look for in a storage facility
Easy access to your unit: We will provide you with a key fob that allows you to access your unit whenever you please during our flexible opening times. For those storing their items at our Dorchester site, that means you can access your unit 24/7, 7 days a week, 365 days a year! Our Weymouth self storage site is open 9:00am – 5:00pm Monday to Friday and 9:00am – 1:00pm Saturday and Sunday, which still allows for plenty of freedom to access your possessions.
Security: At Hogleaze Storage we have alarmed sites with CCTV for maximum security, fob entry access, number plate recognition and insurance cover for stored goods.
Cost: We offer a price match guarantee (with an additional 10% discount!) if you find a cheaper, equivalent quote elsewhere. Our storage costs start from as little as £33.00+VAT per calendar month. See our storage costs.
Get in touch to book your business storage unit
To view any of our available units or to get your hands on a free quote, please call our Weymouth site on 01305 830000, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For our Dorchester site, please call us on 01305 889777 or email email@example.com.
Alternatively, visit our contact page and fill in the form and one of our team will be in touch.