Your classic car is likely to be your pride and joy, but for many, it’s not feasible for it to be used as your main car, as daily life, long journeys and the English weather can really take its toll. This is when a Dorset storage facility will come to good use.
If looked after well, your classic car is an excellent investment, and whether you are looking to make money in many years to come, or it is purely for you and your family’s enjoyment, you’ll want to take plenty of care of your classic car.
Where’s the best place to store my classic car near me?
Whilst we don’t want to wish away what we have left of the summer, the autumn and winter months are the most common times to store your vehicle.
Some opt to store their classic car in a garage at home, and whilst this can be a good option, it won’t always provide the right environment over winter. The wet weather can cause it to become damp if precautions aren’t taken, it will also take up a lot of space that may be needed for other belongings.
In this instance, an indoor Dorset storage unit is your best course of action. If you choose the right facility, you can rest assured that your classic car will be kept safe and secure from the elements at all times.
Top tips for classic car storage
With a valuable item such as your classic car, storing it for long periods without seeing to its needs is simply not enough, it needs care and attention even when it’s not in use. Here are our top tips when storing your car.
- Before storing, give it a good clean and polish – this is very important when you are planning on storing your vehicle for a long period of time, the build-up of dust and grime to the interior and exterior can speed up the deterioration of the bodywork and chrome of your classic car. Dirty cars are more likely to grow algae or mold if left too!
- Cover your classic car with a good cover – this is just another precaution that we advise our customers to take.
- Charge or remove your battery – the last thing you want to happen is to find you have a dead battery when you come to pick up your classic car after the winter. If it will be tricky to visit your vehicle, it might be worth removing your battery completely, otherwise, keeping it charged is a good option too. Hogleaze Storage provides electric sockets trickle charging of your battery.
- Keep on top of your car maintenance – checking on your engine oil and coolant levels, and hoses and belts.
- Take your classic car out for a spin every now and then – we advise all owners using our classic car facility to take it out for a spin once a month if possible. This will just help to keep the engine healthy and running, as car parts are more likely to fail, especially on older cars, if they are not kept active.
- Before leaving your storage unit, check your tyres – when you’re ready to pick up your classic car, you don’t want to be left stranded with a vehicle that has flat tyres – check tyre pressures and if possible, have a backup tyre available if needs be.
Choosing classic car storage near me
You don’t necessarily want to opt for the first vehicle storage site you find, you need to choose one that specialises in classic car storage near me to make sure that they have certain precautions in place, such as:
- Insulated full enclosed buildings – to ensure that your car is protected from the harsh elements. We have insulated buildings, so you can rest assured that your vehicle won’t get damp or moldy.
- Plenty of space – we know keeping your car in pristine condition is essential, so our plots are marked out with plenty of space around the whole car, giving you the space to open the doors and boot without bumping anyone else’s car.
- Security features – 24hr security cameras, number plate recognition, state of the art entry system and staff on duty means your car will always be in safe hands.
- Ease of access – with your handy key fob you can come and go as you please.
- Plus, if you need to take your classic car out for the day, just leave your other car in your plot, keeping that one safe whilst you’re gone too!
Fortunately, Hogleaze Storage provides all the above benefits and more, just ask one of our team for more information or for your quote.
Book your classic car plot at Hogleaze Storage
Booking your plot with Hogleaze Storage is easy, simply pop us an email or give us a call on 01305 889777, and we’ll take a few details from you in order to create a bespoke quote, based on length of time required and the number of plots needed.
When you’re ready, just bring your car to our facility, complete your contract and we’ll provide you with your key fob.