When choosing a motorhome storage facility, there are many points that should be on your criteria checklist before you commit to leaving your motorhome in the hands of a business. You may have heard of the CaSSOA accreditation… In this article, we cover what this is, why it’s important and some pointers to look out for.
What does CaSSOA stand for?
CaSSOA stands for the Caravan Storage Site Owners Association, it’s a bit of a mouthful, but essentially is the governing body for owners looking for secure and safe storage for their caravan or motorhome.
Is there just one level of accreditation?
No, CaSSOA accredits motorhome and caravan storage sites on 3 levels; bronze, silver and gold.
How do businesses receive their accreditation?
There are very strict criteria that each site must go through before receiving their accreditation. An independent surveyor will visit the site and will award points for each element, which includes some of the following:
- Perimeter protection – are certain safeguards put in place around the facility to ensure the protection of the overall facility?
- Access control – how easy is it to access the facility?
- CCTV, surveillance & alarms – is a high level of surveillance in place across the site and how is this monitored?
- Site admin and on-site services – this may cover booking systems and the availability of people on site.
- Fire safety – CaSSOA will always check whether a fire risk assessment has taken place, see if there are smoke alarms fitted in indoor facilities and if they are tested/monitored regularly.
Businesses with a higher amount of points will receive a better level (bronze, silver or gold). You can read more about CaSSOA’s point system here.
Should I consider a motorhome storage facility if they don’t hold this accreditation?
As an accredited site, we would say you should only use a CaSSOA site… ask yourself, why haven’t they got their award? It’s likely that something will have been compromised, such as security or safety.
Don’t forget, the accreditation only lasts 5 years, so check that it’s in-date before booking your motorhome storage.
How will I benefit from choosing a CaSSOA accredited site?
Aside from the peace of mind knowing your motorhome is being looked after by an accredited site, you can also potentially benefit from a lower insurance premium on your motorhome, as insurance providers sometimes take into account where it’s stored.
The storage facilities are amazing!Mr Evans, vehicle storage customer of Hogleaze Storage
Does Hogleaze Storage hold a CaSSOA accreditation?
Yes, we are very proud to hold a gold CaSSOA accreditation, which means we have been awarded the highest level from the organisation.
We were re-awarded the CaSSOA gold award in 2019 which you’ll see in pride of place in our main office.
A few reasons why people choose motorhome storage Dorset with Hogleaze Storage include:
- Easy access to your dedicated motorhome plot with indoor and outdoor plots available using your handy key fob.
- Customers can leave their other vehicle in their plot, whist away in their motorhome.
- 24-hour high-security features including CCTV surveillance and number plate recognition.
- A friendly team dedicated to your storage needs.
- Competitive rates giving you the best value for storage of your motorhome all year round.
Book motorhome storage Dorset today
Booking motorhome storage is easy with Hogleaze Storage, simply fill in the form on the right outlining your storage requirements, and one of our team will be in touch with a quote. Our quotes are based on length of time and size of the storage plot needed.
We recently wrote a blog post about choosing caravan storage and whether it’s better to pick a caravan site or dedicated storage facility, have a read here >>
Get in contact today to book your motorhome storage plot by calling us on 01305 889777 or filling in our form online. Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook for the latest news and storage offers and deals.